Freeze fried fruits
Freeze-dried fruit is similar to dried fruit, because it has been dehydrated, but it has a crunchy texture.
To freeze dry any food, it’s first frozen solid, the water is removed, usually via a vacuum pump, and finally a heat source removes ice crystals. Great is that the final product can retain up to 98 percent of its nutrition while weighing only 20 percent of the original. For example 8,4 ounces of fresh raspberries are dried to to about 1,2 ounces.
1. Freeze dried fruit is very light and easy to transport.
2. It lasts for long period of time without going stale.
3. It contains a vast array of essential vitamins and minerals, and portion of these nutrients are not lost in the process of freeze drying
4. It is low in calories, high in vitamin C and supply fiber.
5. Freeze-dried fruit is not made with added sugar. Its natural sweetness.
Dehydrated vs. Freeze Dried
Freeze dried foods are made using low heat, which causes only minimal damage to a food's original aroma, texture and taste. Freeze-dried fruit contains similar amounts of nutrients when compared with fresh fruit. Dehydrationof food above 42°C (108 F) destroy vitamins, minerals and another esential nutritions.
Freeze dried fruit available in market
There is plenty of fruit which you can find in market. You can find them in bites form or some of them in powder form.
You can use it for desserts, adding to cereals, just like snack or for example you can add powder to smoothies.
Example of Nutrition Facts of Raspberries
Chocolate Brownies with Freeze Dried Raspberries
Do you want to recipe for this raw plantbased Chocolate Brownies? Subscribe below to be sure that you get this recipe and you will don´t miss new recipes and latest news from healthy lifestyle.
Copyright © All Rights Reserved.